We conduct research in the following areas:
- Public Economics, Economics of Education and Health Economics
- Behavioral and Experimental Economics, Neuro-/Genoeconomics
- Statistical and Computational Methods and Survey Methodology
Selected Research Projects
Various research projects are currently being conducted in our group. They are funded by research grants which we obtained, e.g., by the German National Science Foundation (DFG), the Thyssen-Research Foundation (Fritz Thyssen Stiftung), the Jacobs Foundation, the Volkswagen Foundation or the Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF). All the projects fall in the research areas mentioned above.
As illustrative examples, we describe five of our research projects in more detail below.
- Reactivating the long-term unemployed more effectively: Evidence from a randomized controlled field study
- KIDS-WIN: Kids Self-Regulation and Working Memory Intervention Study
- E-Learning in der Schule – Segen oder Fluch?
- Statistical Inference Methods for Behavioral Genetics and Neuroeconomics
- Enhancing cooperation and investigating peer effects on human capital formation: A randomized-controlled field study with primary school children
- Statistical Learning in Hybrid Systems